Supreme Selective Timothy Hay 2kg
£8.07 £4.04 per kg
You save: £1.43 (15%)
During the harvesting of Supremes UK-grown Selective Timothy Hay, there are six specialist processes involved to help retain the finest quality, so that the tasty long stems remain intact and are bursting with all the nutrients that small pets love.
- Our finest quality hay comes from the first cut of the year, from the strongest Timothy grass plants that produce the largest, tastiest seed heads which will help to entice even the fussiest of small pets to chew.
- The cut Timothy grass is then spread in the field up to six times over three days to accelerate the drying process and to help retain the highest levels of beneficial nutrients.
- The damp hay (known as haylage), is then gently raked into a windrow in preparation for baling.
- The haylage is carefully collected into large square bales ready to be machine-dried this process helps to retain the very best nutrients and appealing, natural colour that can otherwise be lost when the hay is dried (and bleached), by the suns UV rays.
- Our hay bales are dried for up to eight hours to remove moisture, help lock in nutrients to help provide the finest quality, tastiest Timothy hay.
- Selective Timothy Hay is then delicately hand packed, helping to keep it as good as the day it was cut.